5 Easy Ways to Improve Your Health for US National Public Health Week
April 4th marks the beginning of US National Public Health Week. While public health professionals continue to work towards improving the health of the nation, this is the time for all of us to take a real look at our own health.
Despite all the technological advances we have made, we continue to struggle with obesity, diabetes, heart disease and numerous other preventable diseases. For one week, or even just one day, put aside the excuses and focus on how you can improve your health.
At Belty, we believe in helping people to live better, healthier lives. Here are 5 simple, excuse-free ways you can improve your health today:
1. Drink more water. Your body is 90 per cent water and needs water for almost every function.
2. Move more. Go for a walk, take the stairs, do whatever it takes to get your heart pumping. Your heart is a muscle that needs daily exercise to work optimally.
3. Breath. Simple breathing exercises can reduce stress, fight fatigue and improve sleep.
4. Eat better. Whenever possible, replace carb-heavy sides with fruits and veggies.
5. Get more sleep. Lack of sleep slows us down mentally and physically. Even a short nap can reduce stress, improve your focus and boost memory function.