5 Ways to Stay Healthy This Flu Season
The coughs and sniffles have started, and while you may feel getting sick is a seasonal inevitability, there are many ways to reduce your chances of catching a cold or flu. Your best bet at beating the flu this season is through preventative measures.
1. Wash your hands – a lot. Frequent hand washing is the best way to avoid cold and flu germs. It sounds so simple, but soap and water are the constant companions of doctors and nurses. To completely get rid of viruses from your skin, you need to scrub hard for 20 seconds or more.
2. Use sanitizer. If you can’t get to soap and water, an alcohol-based hand sanitizer is a convenient alternative to kill cold and flu germs. Use a spray sanitizer on doorknobs, light switches and other shared objects.
3. Eat a healthy diet rich in vitamins and nutrients. Getting proper nutrition is important to help ward off colds and flu. Dieting or cutting calories this time of year may make it harder to recover from an infection.
4. Increase the humidity. It seems that the flu virus loves dry air and is more likely to survive and spread in low-humidity conditions, such as those that occur in winter. That means a humidifier may help combat the spread of the virus, while also relieving congestion.
5. Stay home! If you are sick, stay home from work or school. When you drag yourself into the office, you spread germs to your coworkers and may even make it harder for your body to fight the infection, so you stay sick
You may like the following articles: